R. Gregory Summers ASI / OPS
“We go outdoors to enjoy the land or stay inside to avoid it. It is the outdoor artist that brings the outside in.”
Born in the Flint Hills, Gregory Summers began his professional career at Hallmark Cards Inc in 1979. A Master Engraver, he now paints primarily “En Plein Air” across the globe with a limited pallet of only 4 colors. Former Vice President of the Greater Kansas City Artists Association, co-founder of the Missouri Valley Impressionist Society, and Brush Creek Plein Air: painting competition in Kansas City, Missouri.
“I am inspired by creation and driven by the experience”
Chosen in 2017 by the top 5 American art publications for the “Artists of the New Century” exhibit at the Bennington Art Gallery, Summers has embraced the world of landscape painting, winning top awards from coast to coast alongside some of the nation’s best plein air and studio artists.
Summers is an elected member of the Salmagundi Art Club, Signature member of the American Impressionists Society, and the Outdoor Painter Society, along with active membership in the Oil Painters of America, Plein Air Painters of New Mexico, Plein Air Painters Colorado.
Exhibits & Competitions
- All Colors Invitational, Portfolio Gallery, St Louis, MO
- Shadows on the Teche Plein Air, Louisiana
- Masterclass Workshop, Rockport Texas
- Judge: Summit Art Plein Air, Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- “Finding a Higher Ground” Solo exhibit, Westport Historical Society, KCMO
- Plein Air Easton, Easton, Maryland
- Outdoor painting workshop, Kansas City, MO
- “A Retrospective” Brantman Patron Gallery, SM North, Overland Park, KS
- Bluff Strokes, Dubuque, Iowa
Contact Me Directly Here