- Greg-As a public art school teacher of years past, I can say you are a great teacher. You allow each person to grow from where they are. Your patient critiques, help students to see areas of needed work but also successes! This is crucial for anyone who wants to improve! The workshop helped bridge my thinking from watercolor to water soluble oils. Since then, my paintings have grown in confidence. Thanks again! Linda Kinder
Feb 16, 17, 18 Viva Terlingua Terlingua, Texas CLICK
A three day total immersion workshop in and around Big Bend National Park. NOT for the faint of heart. Living, breathing outdoor painting in the confines of the great Chisos Basin.
- “Greg does a great job working with each student at whatever level they are. He gives honest critic without being hurtful. The workshop is informative while being a fun experience. I would recommend it.” Lyn Phariss
“May 4, 5, 6 Perspectives in Plein Air Camdenton, Missouri CLICK
Lake of the Ozarks is not just world class boating, fishing, shopping for every budget, join us for a world class plein air painting workshop in one of Missouri’s outdoor paradises. We will be honing our skills in and around the Lake of the Ozarks, and Camdenton Missouri.
- “I throughly enjoyed my experience with R Gregory Summers and his workshop. He was successful in providing a great experience for beginning and advanced Plein air artists. Study materials, demos, and painting examples of his work were very helpful. The painting locations were varied and perfectly chosen to provide endless possibilities for paintings. Last, but not least, Greg delivers all information with a large dash of humor. He puts his students at ease quickly as he dives into his workshop! Mary Drastal
Aug 10, 11, 12 Gregory Summers & Ed Bouwmeester Mumford, New York CLICK
A 3-day outdoor painting workshop in and around the historic Genesee Country Village New York.
Genesee Country Village is a working, 19th-century historic country village with the largest and most comprehensive collection of buildings in New York State
- “Artists if you are thinking about taking Greg workshop you should jump at the chance.I have painted for years and have taken workshop from many artist.Greg’s workshops are for all levels His casual approach to teaching is very relaxing and he makes all feel comfortable. Greg approach to simplicity of values colors and design brings people down to earth about painting. No razzle dazzle just honest straight forward help, Greg is on the move from the time the class start’s till the end, he truly does every thing in his power to help each and every student from beginner to advance. You leave Greg’s workshops very motivated excited about painting. I give Greg workshop’s five star’s Don’t pass up a opportunity to study with this great artist teacher and motivator” Bert Hiner
August 17, 18, 19 Succeeding Outdoors Murfreesboro, Tennessee CLICK
3 day outdoor painting workshop in the rolling Tennessee hills. Lush meadows abound the historic Stone River Valley making it the ideal setting for an outdoor workshop focused on capturing all the greens of nature, without the color green on your pallet.
- “The workshop was packed with information, great content and one on one help. The amount of information we covered was awesome and very helpful. I would take the workshop again.” Michelle Spencer
Sept 4 – 9 Improving the Outdoors Blue Ridge Mountains Art Assoc, Blue Ridge, GA CLICK
Blue Ridge Georgia is considered to be one of the top art towns in the state, set in the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge mountains, with unspoiled mountains and clear streams cutting through the valleys. The workshop ends as the 14th Fall International Plein Air Festival begins.
- “Very personable, and takes life on a bit of the lighter side. Good rapport with artists of all levels, and people, along with being a very talented artist. Quick witted, and all around good teacher.” David Cass
Sept 24 Taking what you Need Escalante Canyon, Utah CLICK
A 1 day workshop just ahead of the Escalante Canyon Plein Air Festival. This workshop will better prepare you for creating working studies of the landscape that surrounds you. Geared towards the intermediate and professional artist, but all levels welcome.
- “The workshop was “Perspective in Landscape Painting”. I believe you accomplished the purpose of the workshop. I really needed the information you presented. I enjoyed the workshop and your sense of humor.” Gordon Ord
Why is learning to paint live outdoors considered to be one of the most important things you can do to improve your studio work? Find out in this intense 3 day workshop in and around the beautiful Saugatuck/Douglas area.
Midwest Living magazine ranked Saugatuck/Douglas #5 on its list of top vacation destinations in the U.S. The National Trust for Historic Preservation selected it as one of the “Dozen Distinctive Destinations” in the U.S.
- “I went into this Plein Air workshop not knowing what to expect. I’m new to the Plein Air world. Greg made me feel comfortable and gave me the courage to keep trying. I struggled quite a bit, trying to find my footing. By the afternoon of the second day I finally began to feel successful. I left the workshop feeling good about stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new things. Greg is a great teacher. He praises, pushes, motivates, and above all is kind and even kinda funny! I would love to paint with him again!” Rhonda Baldwin
November 9, 10, 11 Outdoor Painting Workshop Rockport-Fulton, Texas CLICK
It’s the “Charm of the Texas Coast!” Located along the Texas Tropical Trail, and a significant stop along the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail, these twin communities are nestled among the wind-swept oaks of the Live Oak Peninsula.
End your season with the best tools and get motivated to come out painting in 2019 the best you can. It’s 3 days of fun, intense painting experience with the limited palette. You will not regret it.
- My first workshop was under Mr. Summers in Taos, New Mexico. I had no lessons and very little knowledge in art and had no clue of all the parts that go in to making a great painting. He made me feel welcome, and never felt intimidated since I was so new, and knew so little. Everyday we had a great, new place to paint. Since that workshop I have engulfed myself with everything I learned and I am so grateful that I went to Mr. Summers workshop as my first. I’ll never forget it. Jesse Pollard
- “God puts people in our path for a reason. I will do my best to use this experience wisely. Every journey begins with a single step forward . Till next time……keep spreading THE JOY OF PAINTING !!! Hope to see you back here, to do it all again.” “Thanks so much,” Terri Nolting