My workshops are an intense learning, yet fun filled way to gain new skills and improve on others.
What you will be learning
- Quickly mixing colors with the limited palette
- How to see and simplify
- Notans and the need for light/dark balance
- The neccessity of Values in outdoor landscape
- Focal Points, where to put them, and why
- Composition and it’s many excentricities
- How to create depth on a 2 dimensional surface
- My time during these workshops is spent with each artist, no matter the level to help them go away with a better understanding of what makes a successful painting experience, and how to achieve this.
- I emphasize what I feel is the foundation of good landscape painting, and that is drawing, composition, values, color, depth, and edgework.
South Carolina: Mt Pleasant, SC, May 17-18
Kansas: Shawnee Mission, KS, June 14-16
New York: Genesee Country Village, Mumford NY, Sept 6-8
Georgia: Three Hearts Farm, Newnan, GA, Sept 13,14
North Carolina: Mount Airy, NC, October 4-6
Texas: Palo Duro Canyon, November 8-10. Canyon TX
Read some testamonials of what other artists say about Greg’s workshops- CLICK HERE